Subject: Re: You Can't Put A Price On Some Information
From: Andrew Hofman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 18:14:42 -0800

>What extra?  That's my entire point.  They only extra you get for the
>additional $30 is the 2nd tape.  He advertised at 29.99 that included a list
>of topics.  If the issue was it couldn't fit, then why charge another $30 vs
>ten.  More Profit.  Nothing else.  I would have paid $60 if that's what he
>announced at the VERY beginning.  I won't buy it - but out of principle
>rather than price.  All of us can easily find $60 to spend.    
>
>
>- Rich Comber  <[email-masked]>

The list of topics may stay the same, but Tom has probably found a bunch of
ways to expand on each of those. Having done this sort of thing, I know
there's all sorts of stuff you find yourself wanting to throw in that you
didn't think of initially. Scripts evolve and expand, even when you remain
true to the initial objectives you set out. That's how the exact same
outline can end up taking twice the time in the final product. You have no
idea how much more in-depth Tom has gotten on this (Neither do I, but I'm
sure he has. Tom?).

If he has made a mistake, it is in quoting a program length and price before
he fully realized the final, more comprehensive script.

Andy Hofman
LumaQuest Productions           
Animation and Dual Raptor 3 Rendering  
[email-masked]
513-643-7333